If you are a student already studying in Australia, you must have also dreamt of living and working there. Well, Australia is a beautiful country and it requires a lot more than just completing your education to start living there. If you are eligible to be a student, you will be allotted a seat in any of universities of Australia. But in order to live there, you will have to qualify the General Skilled Migration (GSM) program. This test will sort you into an occupation and let you work, only if you qualify the skills assessment. It is a rather complicated procedure.
Your experience and skills will decide whether you are eligible to qualify the GSM. Your eligibility to quality this test has nothing to do with your studying in Australia Permanent residency services in India are also available to assist you with the entire process. Regardless, there are certain requirements that you need to possess in order apply for the General Skilled Migration. Four of the criteria include:
- Meeting the Australian Study Requirement. Therefore, you must have an education qualification from the country itself which must be at least 2 years in duration.
- Your age must range between 18 years to 49 years.
- Your score on any global English ability test (like TOEFL or IELTS) should be above 6.
- Your nomination for a skilled assessment must be listed in the Skilled Occupation List.
In order to qualify your GSM program, here are some tips that may seem helpful.
- Apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa which is for a period of 18 months. Don’t leave the country right after completing your education. It will help you gain more knowledge and skills related to the English language. You will also gain sufficient employment experience that will help you with you scores. With this information you have got an idea about immigration, Australia. Permanent residency chances can thus be highly increased.
- You can try adding more knowledge and skills to your resume by applying for an advanced qualification such as a diploma. More the qualification, more chances to increase your test score.
- Your English skills are equally important when you are planning to live abroad permanently. Master that area as the GSM program will test your proficiency in English and having a high score will prove to be more advantageous for you. Getting a score more than more than 6, will add extra points to your overall score.
- You age will also be an important factor that will affect your score. For people who are aged between 25 years to 30 years get awarded 30 points. Whereas, people between the age of 45 years and 49 years do not get any such points.
- The more experience you gain, the more points you receive. Hence, you must consider getting some meaningful employment when you apply for a job under your Temporary Graduate Visa.
- If you complete an entire professional year, it will add about five more points to your score.
To get one step closer to permanent residency, it is important that you follow these tips. Your dream is just a few skills away!